Wednesday, June 22

Artichokes are in season !!


And you can find lots of them everywhere!! Artichokes are such a treat in many different ways. The way I like them best is actually very plain and natural.
Depending on the size I cook them for about 20-30 minutes, making sure the heart is cooked as well. I never cut of the tip of the leafs.... I don't understand why people do that.... why should I mutilate an artichoke without any reason? Anyway, when the artichoke is cooked I let it cool for about 5 minutes, otherwise my enthusiasm causes burn blisters on my hands ;-)
Then, when ready, I dip the bottom of the leaf either in melted butter, or a sauce made of mayonnaise, mustard, yoghurt ,salt, pepper and lots of lemon juice. 
Truly delicioso!

What is your favourite artichoke recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment