Wednesday, June 8

Today it is raining.....


And I want to eat something warm for lunch..... I was looking at www.thecoolhunter.net where I found my inspiration for today: I am going to make Broccoli soup and this is the recipe:

We need:
2 tablesp olive oil extra virgine
1 onion finely chopped
2 celery sticks chopped
2 cloves of garlic, pureed
1 1/4 l vegetable or chicken stock
700 gr of broccoli, chopped
2 tomatoes
250 gr spinach
1 tablesp. lemon juice
1/2 teasp. cardamom
pinch of salt
fresh ground pepper

Start:
Heat a pan on medium heat. Braise the onion and celery for about 15 mins. Stir slightly. Add the garlic and stir for about 2 mins. Add the stock, bring it to boil and leave it on a low heat for about 6 minutes. Add the broccoli, tomatoes and spinach and leave it cook for about 6 more minutes until the broccoli is cooked.
Take the pan from the heat, let it cool a bit and puree with a hand mixer or in the food-processor. Put the soup in a clean pan and reheat on medium heat. Than add the lemon juice, the cardamom, salt and pepper to personal taste.

This soups really warms me up! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do! What are you having for lunch? Care to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment